We've found a way to empower at risk kids to succeed, by giving them Super Powers!
It is possible and it starts with a book. One book can change a child’s life. A set of classroom books can change a generation of culture, economy, and innovation by S.P.A.R.K.’ing a developmental revolution. But not just any books can accomplish this with At Risk Kids, it takes books with imagination that engages them and turns curiosity into critical thinking. It takes foundational books that engage them to learn grammar, culture, and other language arts. It takes books that teach them the inane skills to become leaders instead of followers. Books that engage them while developing their communication and language skills, their curiosity and critical thinking. Books they and their teachers love!
We've made it easy for you to be the wind beneath these children's capes. Simply choose a classroom pack and either a county or "target" location, make your donation, and the title one school receives your donation with a notification of your generosity. Want to do even more and get some cool rewards? The more you give the more you get! Multiple levels of donations not only allow you to create the next Masters of the Universe, but you'll be rewarded with some pretty cool swag, too!
What is a Title 1 school?
- A title 1 school is a school receiving federal funds for Title 1 students. The basic principle of Title 1 is that schools with large concentrations of low-income students will receive supplemental funds to assist in meeting student's educational goals.
What areas do the S.P.A.R.K. Project books go to?
- Currently S.P.A.R.K. Project book sets are distributed to Title 1 schools in the State of Florida with a concentration on Hendry, Nassau, Lee, Charlotte, and Dade counties. We are in the process of expanding those ares throughout not only Florida but the United States.
What if I want to a book set or library pack to go to a specific school?
- We have been in communication with the Florida Department of Education and are working on updating the site to allow you the opportunity to choose the county or even specific school you'd like your gift to go to, however, with so many schools in the Title 1 designation, not only in Florida but the US, it is an ongoing lengthy process. You are welcome to email us your specific recipient request and will try to tap into our own super powers to accomplish this for you.
How are the books chosen for this project?
- The S.P.A.R.K. Project was developed through the efforts of award winning author and retired school teacher Jane Wood whose books have already been purchased by multiple schools and has long been a educator, and student, favorite.
Jane partnered with professional publishers and other authors of fun, educational books for children to create these specific book collections. Additional books are being reviewed by both Jane and the board of the S.P.A.R.K. project to continue this crucial supplement for Title 1 schools and students.
- Sparky is born! The first meeting to determine the outline for a community sourced suport vehicle for supplying Title 1 schools with
- Sparky takes flight. The board of the S.P.A.R.K. project is chosen: Jennifer Smith from Happy Dolphin Press, Jane Wood Author, and John Farrell, III, All in 1 Media Studios. It is determined to build the project on the crowdfunding site MyPubFund, sponsoring only publishing oriented projects.
- The Florida Department of Education agrees to review the proposal of a collaboration with the S.P.A.R.K. Project once the site launch is complete.
Even Ant Man can change the world! Small donations add up to big rewards for schools and children struggling to find the necessary support that propels them to greatness. Donations are cumulative and combined to create donation packs at one of the other levels to schools in need.
All supporters at this level receive a super thank you email for their support.
Many children who are struggle with reading aptitude can feel like they are under pressure when reading with their peers. For many of those children the school library offers a presssure free environmnet where they can choose what they want, not what they are supposed to be reading. That's why it is important to stock the shelves with books that interest them and challenge them by their own choice. When you donate books to schools with large numbers of kids deemed in the ‘at risk’ category, you’re telling them you care and providing a life line that can protect them from the kryptonite of despair and failure. And remember you can order as many Library Packs per title as you want!
All supporters at this level receive your name on our Super Friends Page on the website and project page.
Create an entire class of super heros! Classroom sets are the super tools for educators to create dynamite learning plans around. When groups of children can of all levels can enjoy the same books no one feels like a villan. These books engage, educate, and challenge readers to reach new heights in learning and be excited about it!
All supporters at this level receive your name on our Super Friends Page on the website and project page, a signed copy of the title, and your own Sparky stickers!
All supporters at this level receive your name on our Super Friends Page on the website and project page, a signed copy of the title, your own Sparky stickers, and a commemorative certificate designating your Superhero status !